The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 1, 2008

So much to be thankful for...

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! We had a very nice day spent with family and friends!! Joey started his day off hunting at 4 am!! No thank you! I snuggled with my kids in my bed while they watched cartoons and mommy got an extra bit of sleeping in!!! Aspen was watching a Thanksgiving day "Blue's Clue's" when she asked, "Mom what are we thankful for?". I told her that I was thankful for our family, Daddy, Her and Clayton, our friends, our warm house, Heavenly Father and Jesus. I then asked her what she was thankful for and she replied..."I'm thankful for your bedroom!". I thought it was so cute! I asked why and she said, "because it's nice!". We then made a chocolate pie and apple crisp to take over to Joey's parents house. We were able to enjoy a nice lunch/dinner with our good friends, the Dewitt Family! Joey's sister's both had surgery on their elbows a couple days before so they were both pretty out of it! It's crazy that they both ended up having surgery...guess it's a twin thing!!

Our cute little Aspen!!
Notice her owie on her cheek...Clayton bit a nice chunk out of it earlier! He's going through a bad phase!

Edwards/Dewitt Family Fun!

Like Mother...Like Son!! And she wonders where her kid's get it from!! Here's Joey and I trying to take a nice Thanksgiving photo...when his Mom (Darcy) thought she'd be funny in the background!

We then headed over to my Dad's house for some Thanksgiving "Grazing"!! I didn't take very many pictures while we were there, but we had a fun time all being together. We missed you Mark, Amber and Rachel!!!

Pete and Mo
All the Grand kids (minus Rachel) the best shot we could get!! We totally did not plan the plaid thing!! Aspen, Ethan, Clayton, and Nathan
Ethan and my step brother Jairus
I have so much to be thankful for! I have a wonderful, loving husband who is so patient with me! He is my best friend and loves me just the way that I am...crazy and everything!! ;) He is the best Daddy to Aspen and Clayton! I love the way he can make us laugh even if we are trying to be angry with him!! I am so thankful for my two amazing children! I'm so happy that I have been given the opportunity to be their Mom! I'm thankful for mine and Joey's families, for our friends, our freedom, our home, our jobs, and even my bedroom!! Most importantly, I'm thankful for the knowledge of the Gospel! I'm so thankful for the Atonement and for our loving Heavenly Father and His Son. I hope you all had a nice weekend and filled your tummy's with yummy Turkey Day food! Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

My mom told me about Aspen's owie! Let me know if you figure out how to deal with that- I have a feeling Myles is going to be a handful. We really do have so much to be thankful for.

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Thanks for your Enrichment suggestion. I love the idea of a service auction. I've heard of them but I've never been to one. I'll do some research, and if I can't find anything I may be asking for any material you have. Thanks again.

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

So cute! Poor Aspen, but you're right, she does bring it upon herself sometimes! We miss you guys and love you tons! You're card should be there by now!!