The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 14, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

I thought I'd be sneaky and put up the tree after the kids went to bed the night after Thanksgiving, but the next morning they "helped" me re-arrange their special ornaments the way they wanted them! I think next year I'll actually try and share the tree experience...I'm a little o.c.d about it looking a certain way, which has gotten Joey off the hook the last 5 years!! But I felt bad afterwards looking at all my friends blogs and seeing them all doing it as a family!! It's something I remember doing with my own family when I was younger...so I guess next year we'll try that!! Anywhoo, here are some pics of the kids with the tree!


Clayton's favorite ornament is the "choo-choo" he got last year... One of our traditions that we had in my family was to go up to Park City and pick a new ornament for the tree every year. So we have carried that tradition in our family...the kids love to see all there ornaments...and I secretly like to look at all of my old ones too!

Clayton and Daddy!
Aspen with her ballerina she picked last year...
Mommy and Clayton...he wouldn't wear the Santa hat himself!
Last year we got Aspen this cute purple tree for her room...it just matches so perfectly! She was so excited to put it up in her room again this year!

Clayton was a little jealous that Aspen had her own tree...so I put this little one in his room...then Aspen got jealous that Clayton had colorful lights! It just never ends!!!

6 comments:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

You don't let the family help with the tree? What's wrong with you, a little OCD, try A LOT!! Rachel helped this year!! Anyway, we too have kept that tradition alive! Miss you, take care!!

SheL said...

I totally understand... I am OCD too =) Very cute pics and I like the kids little trees. We only put up little trees this year... I will have to put up some pictures of our pathetic Christmas trees lol.

Lindsay said...

They turned out so cute!

Melissa said...

Great- the jealousy thing doesn't ever end?
I love Aspen's tree! I only wish our tree were pink and purple! I'm sure my boys would love that!

The Tylkas said...

these pics are great. Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

Beautiful tree. My mom has the tradition of giving all the grandkids a new ornament every year. It is a lot of fun to look back, then those are the ones they get to decide where to hang.