The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Catching up!

I have lots of catching up to do...it's been a busy month...so there may be a few posts!!

After work on Tuesday the 16th me and my Mother-in-law, Darcy, went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then she took me to see "The Nutcracker" by Ballet West at Capitol Theatre!! It was her first time going to a ballet and I was so happy that I was able to go with her! We had amazing seats (4th row from the stage) and it totally took me back to my dancing days!! I really wanted to take Aspen but she is still a little too young to appreciate it...maybe next year!! It was very well done and a great holiday tradition I hope to continue!

I was rear ended by a monster Dodge truck on Thursday the 18th...my neck still hurts from it...but luckily the kids weren't in the car and there wasn't much damage done to my car!

Joey and I both had our work Christmas parties on Friday the 19th. I went to Christopher's Seafood and Steakhouse for lunch and then we went to Asian Star for dinner!! We are both lucky to work for such great companies and with such great people!!

Joey's Elk hunt started on the 20th...so he ended up driving down to Sanpete county and staying the night in Ephraim! I was so jealous that he got to go to my little college town...I wish I could have gone with him! Although I'm kind of glad I didn't because I'm not the biggest fan of the cold...or the snow!! He ended up shooting his Elk in Fairview canyon...so we will soon have a freezer full of Elk meat!! I don't know how...but he managed to drag the Elk off the mountain by himself! And then with the help of a friendly bystander got it lifted in two separate pieces into the back of the truck! I'm sure you all don't care about all the gory details...anyways...here are some pictures he took while he was down there!

It's too bad he wasn't hunting deer also...he saw a lot of them!!A little buck...
Joey with his Elk...it was an antlerless hunt...but this cow was still Ginormous!!

Congrats babe!

2 comments:

SheL said...

Wow I'm sorry you are sore but I'm glad you're okay.. that is scary! I wish we could get in on some of that elk meat =)

Lindsay said...

K, so I am a little jealous you went and saw the nutcracker. That is one of my favorite holiday traditions and this year we were not able to go. It was so sad. I'm glas you were able to enjoy it, tho! And what AMAZING SEATS!!

Happy New Year!