The reason I blog...
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and~Gordon B. Hinckley
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
Monday, April 28, 2008
1. Typically, what time do you wake up? During the week like 6 am...on the weekends whenever the kids do...typically 7-8 am
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? Their bed-time is 9 pm
3. How long have you been a mommy? It'll be 4 years in June...I can't believe it!
4. How old were you when you became a mom? I turned 21 a month after Aspen was born.
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? Little Einsteins...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...Tigger & Pooh...and Signing Time
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Anything on the Cartoon Network!
7. What is your favorite chore? Do I even have to name one? I hate chores...but if I had to pick one it would be vacuuming.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Crock pot Lasagna is by far the easiest and yummiest...and we love to BBQ! I'm sure Joey's going to read this and think "she doesn't cook!" But the question didn't ask how often I cooked! I don't mind cooking...when I have the time!
9. What meal do you cook most often? Oh crap...I didn't even see this question coming!! Hmmm...Probably something on the BBQ?!?
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Probably chicken nuggets and french fries! And Clayton loves his "nanna's"
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Wrestle/Tickle them!
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom? When I hear them say 'I Love You', slobbery kisses, dancing in the kitchen, nap time (is that bad?), and when I see they've learned something new.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? I really want to go to Scotland...but they probably want to go to Disneyland...Aspen would love to see the princesses!
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? We went to McDonald's and swimming this weekend!
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? I love to play outside with them...going to the park...camping...hunting...I just love doing things with them!
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? Not sure, I don't know if I ever really thought about it?!?
17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did? Teach the kids to swim!
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? She has a fun, outgoing personality...she's a great Grandma to my kids!
19. What is your favorite kids book? A book called Fancy Nancy...it's a very girly book that Aspen and I love!
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Live in the moment...don't wish they were older because they grow up entirely way too fast!
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When Clayton was 1 month old...we found out he had Pyloric Stenosis...and he had to have surgery right away. Seeing your baby sick and with tubes and wires coming off him is the worst thing ever!
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? Seeing my healthy beautiful babies born!
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? This morning when I dropped them off at day care.
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? This morning when I dropped them off at day care. It never gets old!
I tag...Marcie, Lis, Shelly, Shauna, Autumn, Melissa S. and Melissa E. and anyone else who wants to do this!
Saturday Night was our Date Night! It's not often that we get to go out without the kids, but we try to do something at least once a month. We got tickets to go the the Dierks Bentley concert at the E- Center and had lots of fun! Lee Price and Bucky Covington opened up for him...
Lee Price was really good (better than we thought he'd be)! And we found out that he wrote the song "More than a Memory" that Garth Brooks sings!
And then there was Bucky Covington... You all know him from American Idol and have maybe even heard some of his songs on the radio before. But I have to say that he is the most awkward performer!! The way he danced...made me feel sorry for him...he almost looked gay! I couldn't see what all the girls were screaming about?!? So that part of the concert was interesting...to say the least! Dierks Bentley was awesome!! We had pretty good seats to the left of the stage...and Joey had fun laughing at me when I screamed everytime he came to our side! It wasn't like I was the only one screaming!! Anyways here are a few pictures and clips...
My Camera truely did not do him justice!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Clayton, Addy, Aspen and Lilly hanging out in Dad's bronco (our make-shift playpen!) Watching all the grown ups ride the big toys! We decided that Clayton looks like 'Spanky' from the 'Little Rascals' with his hat on!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Joey has been on a couple ride-alongs with one of his old Marine buddies who is a trooper for the Utah Highway Patrol. He has thought about it for a while and has decided to apply for the UHP. He took the entry POST test a couple of weeks ago and we got the results in the mail today...HE PASSED!! I knew he would even though it was very last minute and he had no idea what was going to be on the test so he didn't even study. But he's like that! It used to drive me crazy when we were in highschool...he didn't even have to go to the class to pass! Anyways, he turned in his application to the UHP tonight! We've been told that the application process usually takes like 7 months...so nothing will be changing for a while...but we are excited about the possibilities! I've been telling him that he is going to have to cut his hair...but he seemed to think he could hold off till July when the bet was off. George has been trying to get him to call off the bet for like the last six months...and I'm happy to say that it has been called off...and Joey is still getting some of the dough! All I can say is that I'm looking forward to the clean cut boy in a uniform that I married so long ago!
Aspen finished her ice skating classes up... and she did really well while she was on the ice...it was getting her to get on the ice that was tough! It took her about 3 weeks to get the courage to touch her toes while standing on the ice...but she finally did it! Although I don't think she will be the next Wayne Gretzkyette...we are very proud of her for trying her very best! I'm trying to find her a good dance studio to take her to...any suggestions?
Clayton is now 19 months old and he is getting sooo big! He is also 100% boy! It's funny to see the different ways he and Aspen play with their toys. It's like boys have this little chip in their brains that tells them how to make sound affects when they are playing with trucks and how to instantly get really dirty! He is growing up so fast and losing his babyness...and it makes me kind of sad! I'm trying to enjoy each stage and not say..."I can't wait till he..." I love Trace Adkins new song "You're Gonna Miss This", it's a great reminder to me to try and live in the moment!
The weather has been so crazy lately...one weekend it's super nice and I'm out planting my flowers and 3 days later it's snowing?! I'm hoping that it will start getting nicer so that I can get some more yard work done...and start filling up the pool!! We went riding with some friends the other night...and I'm proud to say that I semi-learned how to ride the 4-wheeler. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to those things...hopefully I'll be brave enough to soon learn the tricks to riding the dirt bikes?! Even Aspen and Clayton joined in on the fun! I forgot my camera...so I'm waiting to get copies of some of the pictures from Lis and I will try to post some later...and I will try to post more often...I've been so terrible at it lately!
Hope you all have a nice week!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Edit: Here is another fun preview! http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585900&vid=226476
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Not much else to post...the kids are doing great...Joey is taking a nap...Life is good!