The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Few Updates...

Ahhh! Okay so it's been a while since we've posted anything... We've been busy and I've been procrastinating!! Anyways here are a few updates...

Joey has been on a couple ride-alongs with one of his old Marine buddies who is a trooper for the Utah Highway Patrol. He has thought about it for a while and has decided to apply for the UHP. He took the entry POST test a couple of weeks ago and we got the results in the mail today...HE PASSED!! I knew he would even though it was very last minute and he had no idea what was going to be on the test so he didn't even study. But he's like that! It used to drive me crazy when we were in highschool...he didn't even have to go to the class to pass! Anyways, he turned in his application to the UHP tonight! We've been told that the application process usually takes like 7 months...so nothing will be changing for a while...but we are excited about the possibilities! I've been telling him that he is going to have to cut his hair...but he seemed to think he could hold off till July when the bet was off. George has been trying to get him to call off the bet for like the last six months...and I'm happy to say that it has been called off...and Joey is still getting some of the dough! All I can say is that I'm looking forward to the clean cut boy in a uniform that I married so long ago!

Aspen finished her ice skating classes up... and she did really well while she was on the ice...it was getting her to get on the ice that was tough! It took her about 3 weeks to get the courage to touch her toes while standing on the ice...but she finally did it! Although I don't think she will be the next Wayne Gretzkyette...we are very proud of her for trying her very best! I'm trying to find her a good dance studio to take her to...any suggestions?

Clayton is now 19 months old and he is getting sooo big! He is also 100% boy! It's funny to see the different ways he and Aspen play with their toys. It's like boys have this little chip in their brains that tells them how to make sound affects when they are playing with trucks and how to instantly get really dirty! He is growing up so fast and losing his babyness...and it makes me kind of sad! I'm trying to enjoy each stage and not say..."I can't wait till he..." I love Trace Adkins new song "You're Gonna Miss This", it's a great reminder to me to try and live in the moment!

The weather has been so crazy lately...one weekend it's super nice and I'm out planting my flowers and 3 days later it's snowing?! I'm hoping that it will start getting nicer so that I can get some more yard work done...and start filling up the pool!! We went riding with some friends the other night...and I'm proud to say that I semi-learned how to ride the 4-wheeler. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to those things...hopefully I'll be brave enough to soon learn the tricks to riding the dirt bikes?! Even Aspen and Clayton joined in on the fun! I forgot my camera...so I'm waiting to get copies of some of the pictures from Lis and I will try to post some later...and I will try to post more often...I've been so terrible at it lately!

Hope you all have a nice week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie and Joey,

Thanks for inviting us to your blog! I love it!
Congrats Joey on passing the POST test for the UHP! Grandpa Jerry will think that is cool!
Give Apsen and Clayton hugs and kisses from us!
It was way cool - when I opened up your blog, the music was Shenandoah! I love that song!
I will have to tell you about going to the Neal McCoy concert last night! I was front row and center seat! I also got to go back stage! Pretty cool!
Love,
Mom

Jason and Lis Day said...

There is this place called Guyz and Dollz right by the cheesecake factory. I know the owner if you want more information. It's way cute!

M. M. C. C. said...

highway patrol!!?? agh. Tell him to work for the best dept ever! SLC PD. if it helps persuade you at all, he'd make more money working for slc. : )