The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Prom

My good friend Tara scored some "VIP" tickets to the Twilight Prom & Midnight Premier at Jordan Commons last Thursday Night and was so gracious to include me!! It was such a fun Girls Night and best of all we got to see the much anticipated movie Twilight!!

Melanee and I with our Twilight apples getting ready to meet up with the Utah county girls!

Tara, Me and Mel...old high school buddies!
Of course we got to walk the Red Carpet!! Notice Tara and Carla's sweet corsages that their sweet husbands got for them!! Joey in NO WAY supports my Twilight obsession!!
Taking a shot with the new love of our lives...Mr. Edward Cullen himself...we must have been in the sunlight...he's just glistening!! ha, ha!
They had a lot of fun vendors to check out and some crazy model look alike's!! They kind a creeped me out!! I think I'll stick to the cardboard cutouts!! I was getting my nails painted when everyone was getting the motorcycle shots :( My sister's hair school was doing hair/make-up/mini manicures at the prom...so it was fun to see her there!!
Me sitting on "Jacob's" motorcycle!!
Me and my black sparkly nails!
They had a Twilight inspired dinner planned! Everything from Bella's mushroom ravioli to Emmett's Victory Venison Sausage!! Clever name, right!?!

We also got candied apples for dessert!!
Me and Mel sporting our new vampire teeth!!
All the girls...Lauren, Carla, Carlie, Tara, Me and Melanee waiting patiently for the movie! They handed out a gift bag full of goodies...we also had free popcorn and drinks!! I unfortunately took too much advantage of the free drinks and had to pee so bad by the end of the movie!! I didn't think I was gonna make it!!
The Movie:
I wasn't sure what I thought about the movie at first! I new going into it that it wasn't going to be exactly like the book! But I think I analyzed it too much the first time I saw it! There were parts of it that I thought could have been better or different, but overall I really liked it! I loved the baseball and ballet studio scenes! And I loved Rob as Edward!!

I went to see it again on Friday night with my book club...and ended up liking it much more the second time! I tried really hard to just watch the movie and not think about the book!

Me, Marcie and Katie
The good news is... the movie made enough $$ opening weekend that they are going ahead with the 2nd movie, New Moon!! The bad news is... Joey has to put up with my obsession while I wait for it to come!!

1 comment:

M. M. C. C. said...

HAHA.... Mike was pretty pissed too. although, I'm going to try and have more self-control this time and not watch so many clips. I think that honestly is why I had a hard time during the premiere. Mike and I saw it today again and I enjoyed it SOOOO much more. I had to ignore the book and watch the movie too. Mike even thought it was awesome (not that that will change joey's mind to see it AT ALL). it was so fun that night though... and thanks for being my giddy neighbor during the movie : )

ps... you can't get mad about the vamp teeth picture if you post it too..... that's illegal!