The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Here is how our day went...

I had to work for a couple of hours in the morning, which was a bummer! After I picked the kids up from Terah's house we went home and put them in their costumes. Aspen was a black kitty and Clayton was a monster. I think their costumes turned out pretty cute! I don't know why I think I need to make their costumes every year! I end up having my sewing machine/crafty crap all over the house for the entire month of October and then I wait until the last minute to finish them! I think maybe it's because by the time October comes around the next year I forget how much of a pain it really is! I do enjoy making them though...
Anyways, I took the kids back up to my work to show them off...I had promised my boss that I would bring them in! On the way home I decided to stop at my sister's hair school to say hello. Well on the way home I noticed that my wedding ring was missing!!! I started to think back to when I had last seen it on? I remembered having it on while I was working...but couldn't remember if I took it off to put lotion on or put gel in Clayton's hair?? I thought it especially weird that I had my wedding band on and also my promise ring (usually if I take off my wedding ring I also take off the promise ring). When I got home I searched my house, took my drain apart in the bathroom...but could not find it!! I called Joey and told him he had to tell me the truth and couldn't joke around with me if he had it...but he did not and hadn't seen it. So I called my work, my sister, the babysitter...but they all searched and could not find it! I felt so sick about it...but Joey was so good about it. He just kept telling me, "it's okay...it's not a big deal". But it was a huge deal to me!! I just prayed somebody would find it and turn it in!
So after all of that...we took the kids over to my Dad's house and had dinner...the kid's had fun playing with their cousins, Ethan and Nathan. Mo and Pete came over...Pete dressed up like a Polygamist and Mo dressed up like the perfect Peggy Bundy!!
Joey ended up going to the urgent care later that night because of an allergic reaction that gave him a rash/hives all over his body...which we have still yet to figure out!!
So the kids and I went to Joey's parents house and took the kids around the neighborhood trick-or-treating. The kids had lot's of fun filling their bags with candy...as if we need more to add to the 2 bags that we bought and didn't hand out! When we got back from going around the neighborhood...Clayton decided that it would be a good idea to throw up all over Grampa John and all over the couch and floor! I think he just had an upset stomach from all the candy he'd been snacking on!! So it was an interesting Halloween...to say the least!! Here are some pictures from our night...
Aspen really wanted to be a black kitty...just like "Dora" was on TV.


Clayton was such a cute monster!!



The usual family picture!!

Cousins: Nathan (Yoshi), Clayton, Aspen, and Ethan (Mario)


Me and my sister...Peggy Bundy!

Oh and a little side note: my sister called me on Saturday afternoon...she found my ring in the middle of the street on 7th east and 2100 south!! I was so excited and relieved!! What are the odds that she would find it...I still have no idea how I lost it??

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love homemade costumes!!! I think that theirs turned out pretty cute! Good work!

Katie said...

Wow! Crazy night. I am so impressed with the costumes. Way to go on making them. I always want to, but never do. I'm so glad you found your ring.

The Tylkas said...

You're amazing for making their costumes. Maybe you could make some side money by starting a business. =) Also I'm so glad you found your ring!

3 Men & a Lady said...

The costumes are totally cute! Good job! I have a thing for monsters, so I especially love Clayton's getup! Also, crazy about your ring!!!! What a relief!

SheL said...

Very very cute costumes! I can't believe you made them! Nice work! I also love that your sister was Peggy Bundy... that made me laugh so hard. Awesome =)