The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 7, 2008

History has been made...

I felt like I should probably do a post regarding the Presidential Election for 2008. Especially because it was the first election that I voted in. I sat in my living room with my husband Tuesday night watching the news as our 44th President was chosen. Barack Obama is the new president of the United States. He is the first african-american president...which is crazy...but sort of awesome in a way too. I'm so grateful that we live in a country where anything is possible! It was a little dissapointing and although I did not vote for him...I am supporting him and cheering him on! I hope that he will do good things while he leads our country! I found these two quotes and thought they would be nice to include...
Barack Obama: "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer...This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can."

The President and his family!



John McCain: "I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited. Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that..."

God bless the USA!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you for the reminder, Leslie. It is our job to support the president whether we voted for him or not. You found some excellent quotes. I hope we can all pray that he will only desire the best for our country as he makes important decisions for us.