The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Celebrating my Veteran!

With today being Veteran's Day...I just wanted to highlight some of Joey's military career! Beware...this is a long post with a lot of pictures!This was in the SLC airport before Joey left for boot camp with all the neighbor kids!

Boot camp graduation...

Both our families flew up to San Diego to see Joey's graduation!
Joey's BAD*** Picture!!
Where'd he go??
This was taken at Joey's baptism in San Clemente, California. Here he is with all his marine buddies and the guys he lived with for a year! He had a pretty unique unit being that they were all from Utah!
Joey in Kuwait...nothing but sand and sky!
Boys and their toys!! (Joey is 2nd in from the right)
Joey eating a HUGE can of peaches in Iraq.Another one of his toys!!

Some of the guys...
Rich and Joey in front of Babylon.Fox Company...in memory of SSGT. James Cawley
Joey is the 3rd from the right on the bottom row


The day Joey flew in to San Diego after their time in Iraq! (Don't mind my red face...I had been crying!!)
Joey and Jordan, with his daughter Hailey...they were both pretty happy to be home!
Joey training in Ukraine...
Playing with night vision in IsraelLove this guy- in this uniform!!
Joey, I am so proud of you! You have accomplished so much in your life! I'm so thankful for the sacrifices you have made for our family and for our country! We love you so much and appreciate all that you do!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

He's been on a lot of tours! I am so thankful that he has made it home safe to you and your family each time! Thank you for your sacrifice and dedication, joey!

Lanae said...

You are so stinking awesome! I just read through your goals and caught up on your posts. Really, I wish I was a better friend. I've been HORRIBLE at keeping in contact with people, but I've vowed to be better. So, with that in mind, keep up the good work, it's an inspiration.

Katie said...

SERGEANT EDWARDS???!!!!! (Jordan's reaction)He says "Good Job!" I'm pretty sure he already knew he made sergeant. You've got some good pictures from Iraq. wow, I'm glad they're not over there any more. Happy Veteran's Day Joey.

Melissa Edwards said...

I haven't ever seen any of these pictures. Thank for serving Joey!!!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Yes Joey, thank you for serving. But Leslie's comment about loving "this guy in this uniform" I think that's her way of saying "you're fat, get back into shape so that you can at least fit in that uniform" but I could be wrong...

Miss you HEFFERS!!

Melissa said...

THANK YOU JOEY! I'm sure it wasn't alway easy. We are just so glad that you are here to stay! We love you.

The Holders said...

I love that top picture. We all look so young! Joey looks so young in all of his pictures. Travis said that most of them didn't even look like Joey. Thanks for serving!

M. M. C. C. said...

mike loved the can of peaches, although he swore it was pineapple, even though you said it was peaches. he actually made me click on the picture to make sure. he also wanted me to add this sound effect to the rocket launcher
"queeeeessshhhh... ppppuuuughhh" apparently he'll have to clarify that in person.
awesome post! love the preggers photo.