The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, August 7, 2008

4th of July

For the 4th of July we all went to the Bee's game and then watched the firework show after! After all...what's more American than baseball? Mo and Pete's bridesmaids/grooms came with us and we had a good time getting to know them. It was awesome for me to be there with my brother, Mark, who currently lives in Texas. When we were little we used to go to baseball games a lot and we'd watch them with my Dad on TV quite often. Every time during the 7th inning stretch when they would sing "Take me out to the ball game..." Mark and I would stand up on the couch or whatever and sing together!! It is a great memory for both of us and it was so fun to do it that night! I miss having him in Utah...he is truly one of my best friends! Anyways... here are some pictures from our fun night!
Aspen and Clayton Before the game

Mark, Amber and Baby Rachel

One of those typical family pictures that doesn't quite turn out!!

Aspen, Mark, Me and Rachel

Me and Silly Aspen

Me and Joey

This was Clayton's real time with big fireworks...he was pretty scared during the whole show! He would look excited to see the colors and as soon as they let another one off he would bury himself into my chest! He's my little Mamma's boy!

2 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! I'm glad you had a fun 4th. I love that Clayton would bury himself in your chest! Also, cute family pics!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Good to see that you are posting again. The baseball game was fun. One of these days we will go to a cubs game and sing "take me out to the ballgame" the real way. We love you guys and miss you a ton.