The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 2, 2009

[ More of Taylorsville Days ]

We went to a Neil Diamond impersonation concert with Joey's family out at the Taylorsville park...not so much for the Neil Diamond guy...but for the firework show afterwards. I'm not a big Neil fan...although Joey and his Mom share a love for his music. But it was fun for the kids to be able to play with their cousins. Joey was in Vernal all weekend, so I was flying solo with the kids...which can always be interesting! Aspen and Clayton are either the best of friends or the worst of enemies! It drives me absolutely crazy when they fight with each other! Aspen is also in this phase where she likes to push as many buttons as possible before her Mom and Dad lose it! So without Joey, this night was full of me threatening the kids that if they "ran away from me one more time", or "picked on each other one more time" we were going home! A few tears were shed by them...and by the time the firework show started...I felt like shedding a few happy tears when the kids finally zonked out! It was actually not that bad...and we did actually enjoy ourselves! I'm just so thankful that I don't have to do it alone all the time! Here are some pics from our crazy night!

I got these cute little cowboy hats at Reams for $3...and Aspen just loves it!

Aspen and Auntie StephoLook at that pretty pink sky! I just love sunsets!

No comments: