The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Aspen turns 5!!!

It is hard for me to grasp that 5 years have gone by since Aspen was born!! She has grown up to be such a little lady. She is smart, funny, caring, and beautiful! It's so amazing watching her grow up, but at the same time it makes me a little sad that she is getting so big so quick! I can't believe that she is going to kindergarten this year...it makes me feel so old!! We had a small get together the day before her birthday (since her b-day fell on Father's Day this year)...unfortunately it was raining pretty badly so Joey ended up BBQ-ing in the rain! But it turned out nice anyway and Aspen got lots of really cool presents! She loves everything she received! Mom and Dad got her a new backpack with school supplies and a new desk for her room...which is still not assembled...but i will post pics of it as soon as it is!

Opening Presents!!
Princess tea party set...Marcie you know Aspen so well! She loves this!Okay...so these are about the ugliest cakes ever!!!
I decided after spending so much $ on past years birthday cakes that i would make Aspen's cake this year. I thought...how hard could it really be? I looked online and found recipes and cute decorating ideas... Well you must have a LOT of patience to be a cake decorator!! Something I have very little of lately! I found this cute 3 tiered cake display thing for really cheap brand new at the thrift store...so I made 3 different sized cakes and had 3 different colored frosting's... Well by the time i cooked the cakes...and then frosted the dumb things...I had no patience left for decorating! So I called Aspen into the kitchen and had her help me decorate them! It turned out to be a lot of fun for both of us...we got frosting and sprinkles everywhere...but that is okay! But seriously they are HOT...right?!! At least they still tasted yummy!Blowing out the candles...Clayton helping in the background!
Having a tea party with cake and pink lemonade!

Thank you everyone that came to help make Aspen's day so special!! We are so grateful for all the love and support you show our family!

Happy 5th Birthday Aspen! We love you so much!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, its amazing how time flies. She is adorable. Hailey really wants a Hannah Montana wig.

The Holders said...

I am so glad she likes the present! You look hot as Hannah Montana by the way!!