The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Gramma's funeral...

I know these are a little strange, but we wanted to get some photo's from the grave site at my great gramma's funeral. It was a family reunion of some sorts, being that it had literally been like 15 years since my brother, sister, and I had seen some of our extended family (cousins, uncle, aunts). And Joey got to finally meet some of my crazy family! Uncle Doug, and Gramma's younger brothers and sisters. My G-Uncle Melvin is the 2nd in from the right...he lives in Deweyville, Utah and was always a favorite!!My Mom with the kids/grandkids...
Amber, Rachel, Mark, Joey, Clayton, Aspen, Mom, Mo and Pete

Me with my brother and sister

Me, Melissa, G-Jerry, Katie, and Cody (cousins)...can you tell we are a close family?!

The Cousin picture!!

Cody and Katie are my mom's brother Jim's kids...missing Kathi and Casey

It really was nice to see everyone again! It makes me sad that it takes something like a funeral to bring people/family back together. I honestly hope that my kids grow up really knowing there Aunts/Uncles/Grandparents and are able to be best friends with there cousins! I know it's hard when you live far away...but I really admire Joey's family for being so close to each other!

Anyways, another post down...it seems like so many more to go!

No comments: