The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to Oregon!

We had plans to go camping with Joey's family near Baker City, Oregon. Why Oregon? Well Joey's brother and his extended family live in Washington, so we planned to meet halfway. We did this last year on Memorial Day weekend so we thought we'd make it a tradition! Being that we were planning to turn around the very next weekend and basically pass through Nyssa, my Mom offered to keep the kids for the week! I was a little hesitant not knowing how they would do with out us (okay really just me not knowing how i would do without them!) for a week...but the kids really wanted to stay. So, we let them. They don't get to see them very often because they live so far away, so it was fun for them all! It did make the trip home and up there without them a little easier...and then we didn't have to drive up both our vehicles to pull the trailer. So it was a win win situation i guess.

Here are some pictures from our camping trip...

The camping was great! Getting 2 ticks...not so great! I freaked out...they were seriously everywhere! I think I was the most careful...and I was the only one who got them...most likely from my 3 grubby children...yes I said 3...that includes Joey! :) But thanks to my loving hubby...he got them out of me quick! And let me just say that it is not as sexy as Brad Paisley's song makes it out to be to check someone for ticks!!

We had so much fun...I didn't totally suck at badmitton this year! Riley and I totally kicked butt...and I forgive him for pouting when he found out that I was his partner! Who can really blame him tho?! Joey and his Dad were the champs this year! It was really good to see everyone again and the kids had so much fun playing with their cousins! I can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Lanae said...

Fun! I love camping! My little boys get SOOOO dirty, but that's what little boys are for, right?

The Holders said...

ticks freak me out. I have never got one though. I don't know how in the world you could leave your kids there for that long. I bet you went crazy!! sounds like you had fun..crazy summer!