The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, October 24, 2008

What's new??

So, I feel like I haven't updated on what's going on with everyone in a while, so here goes...

Aspen Taylor
Her Stats:
Age: 4 years, 4 months
Height: 3 ft, 3 inches (39 inches)
Weight: 31 pounds

Aspen is at such a fun age! It's so fun to be able to have conversations with her! Right now she loves playing dress-up and princesses! She's quite animated when she plays with her little Polly's in her doll house! It makes me happy to see that she has a good imagination! My favorite thing right now is when I hear her singing the Little Mermaid songs and acting out scenes from the movie! I don't know about any of you, but this reminds me so much of when I was little! I remember when my friends and I used to do the same thing (we also used to argue over which princess we got to play)!
Favorite song: the "hoo, hoo" song (All I want to do) by Sugarland
Favorite book: "Fancy Nancy"
Favorite TV shows: Blue's Clues, Dora the Explorer, and Little Einsteins
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Toy: Polly Pocket Princesses
Favorite Food: Cereal,

She said the funniest thing the other day...we were driving to day care in the morning and she saw a school bus. She said, "Mommy, when I get big I'm going to ride on that school bus and I'm gonna wipe my own bum!" It was so funny because we have been trying to teach her that she needs to learn to do this before she can go to kindergarten next year! Aspen, you are our favorite little girl and we love you so much!!

Clayton Joseph

His Stats:
Age: 2 years, 1 month
Height: 2 ft, 10.5 inches (34.5 inches)
Weight: 29 pounds

Clayton is at an interesting little age! He tries my patience (which hasn't been that great lately) on a daily basis! He loves climbing out of his crib...but won't sleep in his big boy bed! And this makes for a battle at bed time!! Anybody have any suggestions? He is such a cute little boy though...so it's hard to stay mad at him for too long! He loves to do everything that Aspen is doing...so this leads to some sibling rivalry...which leads to him biting. Any suggestions on how to stop that? Okay, on to some of the good things he has been up to...he loves anything Batman or Spider man. He calls them both "mat, mat". He is talking a lot more...and we are able to understand what he is saying more and more too! We sometimes laugh when we have to ask Aspen what he is saying! He calls his sister "Ah-ha" because he hasn't quite conquered "Aspen" yet! She doesn't seem to mind and even calls herself that sometimes when she talks to him! They are good little buddies...most of the time!

Favorite song: the "hoo, hoo" song, and the Rock Star song (by Pink). He dances too pretty much anything with a beat! It's so cute!
Favorite book: What do you see?
Favorite TV shows: Blue's Clues, and Little Einsteins
Favorite movie: Flushed Away(fwush-ay) and Cars (McQueen)
Favorite Toy: His four-wheeler and transformer guy
Favorite Food: Hot dogs (I wonder if that has anything to do with my cravings for HD's when I was pregnant with him?)

Clayton, I can't wait for these terrible two's to be over!! However, I'm trying to enjoy them at the same time! You make us laugh everyday and you keep us on our toes! We love you so much buddy!

Joey
Joey has been busy working, going to school, playing softball, and hunting! He is such a hard worker! I've been kind of a bratty wife lately and I need to let him know how much I appreciate all he does for us. He is such a great Dad! I love that when he comes home he automatically goes to the kids to see how their day was. They love to wrestle with him!! Joey and Aspen have a song that they sing together and it is the cutest thing ever!! It's "Times a waistin" a duet by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. One day I'll get them on video... Also, lately Clayton has been such a Daddy's boy! He loves hanging out with Dad on the couch...and he will only fall asleep on Joey, never me! I'm so jealous!!

Me
I have been thinking a lot about the goals I made on my 101 in 1001 days and trying to decide which ones to work on next! Any suggestions? I do get to cross off a few though...

#64 Vote: I voted for the first time last Tuesday during the early voting at the U. I've been registered to vote since I turned 18, but not having come from a very political family...never really felt the need to vote. This year I really felt that it was important for me to vote and educate myself on the people I was voting for. It's silly...but I'm kinda proud of myself!

#61 Write 5 people letters and let them know how much they mean to me: Sounds easy enough right? This was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be...I balled the entire time! But it was a good thing to do!

#97 Have an A-1 Reunion: My first year at Snow College our apartment number was A-1. We had an A-1 sauce bottle as our house decoration! Six girls from all over Utah in one apartment! It was crazy...but also lot's of fun! I have stayed in touch with 2 of the girls since then...but haven't seen the other 3 in about 6 years! So, we decided it would be fun to have a reunion with everyone! Tara and Christine planned the whole thing and we all showed up today all grown up and lugging our kids! Pictures and more to come in another post!

I have the 1st 18 presidents of the U.S. memorized...just need to work on the next 25...almost 26! I'm working on a few others...they just seem to take a little more time! Can't think of anything else to say about myself...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Leslie, your family is so cute. Jordan and I still laugh about when we went to Knotts Berry Farm with you guys. At dinner Hailey kept dropping her spoon on the floor, and everytime Joey would pick it up and say "I'm only going to pick this up 20 more times" or something like that. I can imagine he is a fun dad.

Melissa said...

You have such a fun family! And you do such a good job of updating us all- I need to take lessons.
You should be proud of yourself for voting! I voted for the first time today and feel like such a grown up- it is an important thing. Keep up the hard work on your goals!