The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tag #2

I saw this on my friend Lindsay's blog...and thought in light of my recent play date with some high school friends, this would be a fun tag. So here you go...a little peep into my high school years!

Copper Hills High School (West Jordan, Utah)

1. Did you date someone from your high school? Yes. For 3 months my Sophomore, all of my Junior and half my Senior year I dated a kid named John Stosich (That's a long time!!). I met Joey (who went to Taylorsville High) and started dating him towards the end of our Senior year.

2.What kind of car did you drive? I didn't get my license until the summer after my sophomore year...but then I drove my Dad's "Beast" a sweet old Chevy truck...avoided if at all possible driving the van...and then later got my "cool" and cursed 1992 Chevy Corsica!

3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school? We used to wear our cheerleading uniforms on game days...well in between periods I was going downstairs and tripped and slid down the whole flight of stairs! It was kind of hard to disguise myself in my cheer uniform!! It was totally embarrassing at the time!

4. Were you a party animal? I don't think so...I was pretty tame until I got to college!!

5.Were you considered a flirt? I don't know if people considered me one...I definitely did it though!

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, I gave up my flute after 7th grade! I really have no musical talent!!

7. Were you a nerd? I don't think I was...but maybe!

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I swam varsity when I was a freshman...I will always regret not sticking with it through high school...and then I don't know if you would count Drill Team as being varsity?? I did letter in 3 sports...swimming, cheerleading and drill team!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Not in high school!

10. Can you still sing the fight song? No, but I still remember some of the dance we learned to go with it!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Monica Spencer: she was my cheer coach for 2 years, but also my history teacher! Dr. Love was also an awesome teacher...I had him for agricultural science my senior year...he was the only one that actually realized/cared what was going on with me that year.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? I mostly sat with John and his friends...after that was over I have no idea??

13. School Mascot? Grizzlies

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who? John Stosich

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No way!! I wouldn't want to put myself through the emotional roller coaster! It was fun while it lasted...but I wouldn't trade it for what I have now!

16. What do you remember most about graduation? Excited that it was over...ready to move on to college...the super cute black dress I bought...standing in line with Tara...hoping I wouldn't trip down the isle...and Joey waiting for me in the end!

17. Where did you go senior skip day? There was a specific day? I must not have been there to get the memo!!

18. Have you gained weight since then? I will be hated by everyone for this...but I actually weigh less now then I did when I graduated...don't worry I'm sure it's the loss of the boobs after nursing 2 kids...oh wait...I didn't have any back then either! ha, ha!

19. Who was your prom date? Junior Prom: John Stosich. Senior Prom: Joey, we went to both mine and his.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I think if we have one...it would be interesting! I think after 10 years we'll be able to forget all the crap that happened back then...and be happy for each other's accomplishments. So if I can drag my husband there and if our Student Body actually plans one...then yes I would go!

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Go to class and pay attention! Learning is actually fun!! Be more outgoing...be nice...it doesn't matter what other people think of you...Do things for yourself and not for other people. Be more punctual...I could probably still use that advice!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad you did this tag! It was fun to read!

M. M. C. C. said...

wow... you've had a tag marathon! ha ha.... good ol' high school. MAYBE if you go to the 10 year I might consider it! high school sucked!

ps....I think it would have been hott to see you fall in your cheer uniform, lucky boys! ha ha : )