The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A tag from Lindsay

My friend Lindsay tagged me back in September and I totally spaced doing this...since I can't fall asleep and I'm not used to it being so quiet (no kids and no husband)...I thought I'd take advantage of it and finally do this tag!

The tag is this - Go take pictures of things in your house AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW! No fixing before you snap the picture. Bear with me... this could get ugly.

1. My Closet...Your typical, home built in 1973, plain, nothing special closet! It's pretty bare right now because the laundry needs to be done!2. The Kitchen sink...Luckily when I decided to do this post it's after I had people over earlier...so it was clean!! Again...nothing special...however I do love my new faucet that Joey just recently installed!! Thanks babe!3. The toilet in the main bathroom...well we only have one bathroom so far and it's in pretty bad shape! We had a leaky pipe back behind the toilet a while back and still have yet to replace the flooring/wall around the toilet! 4. Kids in their best form...I love this picture because it describes our kids so well! Aspen being the protective, loving older sister! And Clayton being the annoyed, playful younger brother!! It helps that they were both clean and cute here too!
5. A place you want to visit...Scotland! Ever since I started reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, I have been obsessed with everything about Scotland! This is my dream destination...and I don't care who I have to sell...I will go there someday!!











6. Something I do not enjoy...I had to steal this one from Lindsay! I hate doing laundry...it's never ending...and this is how it makes me feel! I love that the title of the picture is "death by laundry"!7. My fridge/freezer...Pictures, B-day cards for Clayton (notice the one with the little boy and the notty word- that one came from my Dad...thanks Pappy!), and kiddie magnets!
8. My favorite room...I really couldn't decide between Aspen's Room and Clayton's Room. I like them both!

The pictures really don't do them justice...it's such a cute little girls room! Aspen always asks everyone who comes over..."Do you want to see my room?" I'm glad that it is so magical for her! I love her framed baby swimsuit too!
Sports... and more sports! It was fun to incorporate some of Joey's trophy's and old sports stuffin Claytons room! And there is a story behind the monkey picture! Clayton looked just like a monkey when he was a baby...he was so hairy!! So a guy Joey works with made this cute little hockey magazine cover with a picture of a monkey and Clayton's name on it and I had to frame it!
9. Self portrait...Ya, so I'm not about to take a picture of myself in my glasses, messy mom ponytail, and jammies at...ooh look it's 1 am! Sorry...not gonna happen...here's one from earlier this summer!
10. My favorite shoes...I love ballet flats, these ones are my favorites right now! Picture taken on my cool coffee table (that Joey made)!
I tag Tara, Melanee and Mo (and anyone else who wants to do this...if you don't want to...I won't hate you!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love love love their rooms! So cute! And I really love those shoes! Where did you find them?

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

leslie - why didn't you take a picture of your laundry room? You couldn't get the door open? What are big brothers for, to bug little sisters.
we miss you guys.

M. M. C. C. said...

you're house looks so good. I might have to wait to do this one until I have finished my "fall cleaning" : ) it's an absolute disaster.

I love your coffee table, so I showed Mike and he thinks it's pretty awesome too. especially if it can withstand Chanler hitting it with a hockey stick! I'm so sorry about his distructive behavior! I need to find some of those lacrosse nets since he ate one of those too.... ahh boys.

also... did you get the email about our halloween party? if you don't have plans, that would be fun to have you come : )

M. M. C. C. said...

ps... do you have a picasa web album? if so, you should upload the photos from our playdate to it.