The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A hunting we will go...

This year I decided that I wanted to try out my hunting skills during the general rifle hunt! Joey never hunts during the rifle hunt (because he's a bow hunter) so he was my personal guide! Saturday morning was the opening day...so we shipped the kids off to Grandma's and Papa's house Friday night for a sleep over! We woke up super early and were up on the mountain way before the sun came up. Joey's sister, Kimberly and her friend Kelly came with us. We all hiked our butts off to the top of the mountain and waited...and waited! Joey's buddy Travis came a little later...and it was nice to have them on the other side of the canyon...they saw some bucks that were headed our way!! So we got ready...one popped over the top of the mountain...I shot...and missed!! :( I didn't feel too bad about myself after we calculated how our morning went: we saw 11 hunters that...heard 17 shots...and only 1 deer killed (not by someone in our group). And it took one shot with a rifle and 3 shots with a pistol to kill the dang thing!! After we hiked all morning and into the afternoon...we decided it was time for lunch and a nap!!

Joey and I came back later that evening on our own...hiked the other side of the mountain...and it nearly killed me!! We spotted some doe's but never saw any bucks...so we headed down when the sun went down. It was so pretty on the top of the mountain, you could see the entire city! I went to take some pictures and realized I forgot to put my memory card back in my camera! :( So, I took a few with my phone...


My handsome Hubby!
He looks so thrilled in this picture!
We saw tarantula's all over the place...they were so freaky!! This was the biggest one we saw...you can't tell by the picture, but it was HUGE and NASTY!!
So, today I am definitely feeling it!! My whole body hurts! We didn't get a deer yesterday
but we will keep trying until the 26th...wish me luck! Hopefully next time I won't miss...I don't know what's with me this year...it seemed like a piece of cake last year!

3 comments:

Lanae said...

Leslie, you are THE WOMAN and my husband is insanely jealous!!! I love to go shooting with him, but I haven't graduated to shooting anything that moves and breathes and all of that kind of stuff. I don't think I could handle looking at the dead animal after. Some years are a piece of cake and others aren't. That's the joys of hunting. Tom always says that if your first year is good then your hooked for life. Your blog is way cute and your kids are just adorable!!! Good luck for the rest of the season!!!

Tara said...

You are crazy for going somewhere that has those spiders! I would have run straight home! Good luck though next time!

Lindsay said...

I need you to come to my blog and vote!! I had to erase and repost the poll because I made a mistake. Now the name I want is BEHIND!! :)