The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

NHL game in Utah!

Last weekend the Utah Grizzlies hosted an NHL preseason game between the San Jose Sharks and the Los Angeles Kings!! We went to the game with our friends, Travis and Marcie. Before the game started Joey said he had his money on the Sharks...and me not knowing much about either team I said the Kings would win! We bet dishes for a week...well about halfway through the game I told Joey that I wanted to switch my team!! The Sharks beat the Kings 3-1! So needless to say I've been doing the dishes this week!

I couldn't believe how many people were there...almost 9,000! It was like going to a game back in the day when the Grizzlies were good! It was pretty sweet to see what it would be like if Utah had an NHL team though...people would actually go!! And even better...Mark and Amber would be able to move home! (For those of you who don't know, my older brother Mark is the head equipment manager for the Houston Aeros, which is a much higher league than the Grizzlies...which is why they have to live far away!) Anyways, a girl can dream right? Here are some pics from that night!


Enjoying the game...and a date night without the kids!!
Marcie and Travis (sorry it's blurry...my camera sucks!)

Evgeni Nabokov (In Joey's words...a BAD A**)

Jeremy Roenick...who is still playing awesome for how old he is!! He's 38 years old people!!
I am thinking this should count as #95 on my list of 101 things in 1001 days! Now it technically was not what I had in mind when I decided to go to an NHL game with Joey...but it works for now. We both still really want to go to a home game in the NHL league...somewhere!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Does this mean you get to cross off one of your 101 in 1001??