The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Plow Sam

Aspen has been taking ice skating lessons on Saturday mornings for a few weeks now! She is doing really well and it is so fun to watch her progress! She is in the Snow Plow Sam class and is mastering some pretty sweet skills! She can now sit and stand up both off and on ice, march in place, march forward, glide on two feet, dip in place, march forward across the ice, perform two foot glides and dips while moving, and hop in place. She's really working on her speed right now so that she can glide farther!Clayton being a good boy, watching his sister!
At first I thought that she might be following in Joey's and my sisters foot steps (both are hockey player's) but I think she's got more of her Mom's genes in her than her Dad's!! After watching all the figure skaters, she really really wanted a "short" skirt like them...so we went to Khol's and we found her a cute little dancer leotard! Now the problem is making sure she has warm tights and wears a jacket over it! If it was up to her she'd be out there in only her little leotard!
These are her favorite striped tights!!

I'm so proud of her for trying the skating lessons again and she seems to really love them! We've even talked about her maybe doing the Spring Ice Show! But, whatever she chooses to do as she get's older I just want her to know that we love and support her! I can't believe how big our little girl is getting!

1 comment:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Sure you forget me since I am not there with you guys. I did play a little hockey too. Your big bro.