The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 12, 2009

#55

We found out a couple months ago that Joey's Grandma has a spot in her ear which ended up being cancerous. She went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago to have her first chemo treatment. We thought it would be nice for all the girls to make her a lap quilt to take to the hospital. Well, my #55 of my 101 in 1001 was to make someone a quilt...I know it's probably cheating a little because I didn't make it on my own...but I'm still counting it! Maybe I'll get ambitious and still make one on my own?!
It was interesting trying to pick out the fabric together with 4 different opinions...but we finally decided on some really pretty fabrics! Here are some pictures of the process...
Stepho was having fun with the camera!
Stephanie, Kimberly, Darcy and Me tying the quilt!
Grandma Jenni with the end result!

No comments: