The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


We got tickets from the ward to go to the new Draper Temple's open house last Saturday! I went with my sister-in-law, Amber and her friend Jenny. We also each brought a kid...which always makes things interesting! I brought Clayton with me, and Joey took Aspen to her skating lessons. Everyone meets at this stake center to watch a movie and then takes a bus up to the Temple. The tour started at 11 am...which is also right around lunch and nap time!! So Clayton was pretty cranky/anxious at the stake center. It didn't help that it was like a hundred degrees in the room that we were watching the movie in. Anyways, when we finally got on the buses to go up to the Temple Clayton kept saying he was "so es-sited"!! He absolutely loved the ride on "Le Bus"! Me and my Buddy!
Amber & Rachel, Jenny & baby Rome (he was only 3 weeks old! So cute!)

The Temple of course was beautiful and such an easy place to feel the spirit! I found myself getting teary eyed as I walked through all the rooms. Clayton's favorite was the Font (oxen) and one of the Ordinance rooms with an elk mural and my favorite were the Bridal and Celestial rooms. The tour is silent the whole way until the very end...they have signs up explaining what each room is. Well, we were in one of the Instruction rooms and Clayton starts talking about his "truck"! If any of you have a 2 your old you know what's coming! His "tr" sounds a lot like "f"...so you can imagine what he's saying in the Temple! So I'm trying to get him to be quiet and I'm saying, "Yes your car"...and he just gets frustrated and belts out "NOOO...F****! Which he was trying to say truck! It was awful...I was SO embarrassed, but also laughing because it just was so funny! I'm so glad that the people around us were so understanding!

Clayton, Me, Amber, Rachel, Jenny & Rome

I'm so glad Clayton could go with me! I think he had fun and I think he really liked the two chocolate cookies he helped himself to afterwards! ;) It was so cute...when we were leaving I was talking to him about it and I said to him, "are you gonna marry a cute girl here someday?" and he answered so matterafact , "Yep"! Thanks Buddy for sharing such a special day!

No comments: