The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Kids on the Block Baby!!


So this morning I'm driving in my car taking my kids to day care before work...listening to 107.9 The Mix and I hear "caller #10 wins the tickets"! So I say what the heck and call in...my first try I hear it ringing and Jay answers the phone and asks my name. I tell him and he says he wants to hear me sing a little NKOTB. So, I totally go into shock thinking...it's been ages since I've heard them...I don't know if I remember anything they sing. And then I start busting out what I think is their song "The Right Stuff"!?! It was hilarious...any body who knows me know's that I cannot carry a tune...so I'm hoping that none of you heard me this morning!! I really don't care though...cause I'm going to the New Kids on the Block concert on November 15th!! I'm super excited and I have no idea who I'm going with but I have 2 extra tickets! I was a huge NKOTB fan when I was younger! I was such a geek and had posters, a bedspread & sheets, all the Barbie's (my favorite was Jordan) and all their tapes! Yes TAPES...we didn't have CD's back then!! I can't believe I just said "back then"...I'm so old!! I never got to go to their concert when I was younger...so now I get to make up for it! Maybe I should start listening to their music again so that I can refresh my memory!!

7 comments:

The Holders said...

I wish I heard you on the radio. That is hilarious. Off the top of my head I could not sing any of their songs. I am proud of you for remembering

Halley said...

HOLY FREAKIN' FUN!!!! If I was still in Utah, I would DEFINITELY hit you up!!! :) My favorite song was "Cover Girl." And I love their new one, "Summer time?" You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!

Ang said...

That is seriously AWESOME!!! I loved NKOB too. I had a sleeping bag with them on it and I slept in it every night for months! Have a ton of fun and "Hang Tough" baby!!!

Peter and Melissa Mossberg said...

Ur soo gay!!! I know my page sucks!! Anyways, i'm so going with you to this concert and I cant wait to geek it out with you!!! Yea you do need to help me become a better blogger....

Lindsay said...

I TOTALLY remember those days! I had the beach towel, the lunch box with thermos, and like you, I had the barbies. (I think I remember coming to your house and playing with our boyband barbies. sad)I am kinda jealous you are going! You'll have to take a tons of pictures and post them. :) can't wait!

M. M. C. C. said...

HOW AWESOME!!! I love winning free things, so it's even better than you enjoy what you won eh? : ) I'll have to admit that my fav song has to be "HANGIN TOUGH" ha ha... oooohh, or step-by-step! it was so cool 'back then' HA HA

Tara said...

Oh leslie you know you want me to go with you!!! That is so awesome! They were my first love before Backstreet!! Congrats on being so cool!