The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

#19

Yay! I can already check one of my goals off my list! It was an easy one, but you have to start somewhere right?

#19 I renewed my application to the UofU for Spring 2009. I was admitted for Fall 2008 and then procrastinated and never enrolled. But I am going to finally go back to school...even if it kills me!!

Also, working on #29 Memorizing the Presidents of the U.S. I bought a place mat at the $1 store yesterday that has pictures of all the presidents up to date and info about them...Joey laughed at me but I am going to memorize them! I'm not the smartest when it comes to U.S. History...but I'm going to try my best to learn more about it! I figured I'd start with the Presidents! (I know we learned this in elementary...but I apparently only stored it into my short term memory card and erased it after the test!!) Anyways...I was very surprised that I hadn't even ever heard of a lot of them!! I guess nothing cool happened while they were in office?? Joey is a big history buff and can remember dates/people etc. and I feel so dumb sometimes talking to him about it...he usually just tells me that it's a good thing I'm pretty! Well this pretty face is determined to have a conversation with him about our countries history and actually know what he's talking about!! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Halley said...

That is awesome!!! I wish I had your determination! I totally believe you can do all of this! :) Glad to hear that everyone is doing great! Nad yes, we should get together for lunch or something when we move back! :)

Halley said...

Oops...that should have been "And yes," Come on Hal! :)