The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Mama Test

I had a couple of friends send this to my e-mail and I thought it was so cute I decided to put it on the blog!

The Mama Test

I was out walking with my 6 year old son. He picked up
something off the ground and started to put it in his mouth. I took the
item away from him and I asked him not to do that.

"Why?" my son asked.

"Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been,
it's dirty, and probably has germs", I replied.

At this point, my son looked at me with total admiration and asked,
"Mama, how do you know all this stuff, you are so smart."


I was thinking quickly and replied,
"All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mama
Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mama."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but he was evidently
pondering this new information.

"OH...I get it!", he beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to
be the dad."

"Exactly", I replied back with a big smile on my face.


Hope all you Mama's enjoyed that as much as I did! When you are finished laughing, send this to your Mama friends!


4 comments:

Katie said...

That is way cute! I am going to copy it. thanks

Lindsay said...

You always post such cute things! I feel like I am always copying you! I really hope you don't mind.

Tara said...

that's cute I like it! So does the 17th work for you, if it does I'm sending the invites this week. Let me know!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

LOL!! This is hilarious and is so true for all men, except of course Mark! He is the exception to most of the "Dad" rules out there! I miss you, I wish we could be closer!