The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fun filled weekend!

This weekend went by way too fast! I haven't even touched the computer in two days...which is probably a good thing! Anyways...I'm sitting here catching up on all my updates from the weekend (I seriously love Google Reader...if you do not have it you need to get it!) and it's way past my bed time, but I thought I'd get this post in before tomorrow...

Saturday, Joey and I drove out to Oakley, UT (by Kamas) to go see one of Joey's old Marine buddies, Dusty Sexton, who had just come home from another tour in Iraq. It was good to see him again! It's always fun to sit down and hear stories of Joey's time in the Marines...they are usually very entertaining! We are glad that he is home safe and I'm so glad that Joey doesn't have to go through that again! On the way home we saw tons of deer and almost hit one! It got Joey and I excited for the deer hunt!

Sunday we had some friends, Rich and Mary and there cute kids Megan and Cody come over for dinner. We had lots of fun playing Rock Band (we gave in and bought it two weeks ago and can't stop playing!). Here are some pics...

Rich and Mary

Mary and Megan playing the drums!


Clayton...Rockin' out on the drums!

This photo is creepy...but Joey apparently was rockin'!

Daddy and Clayton

Me and Joey...notice he finally cut off the Mullet!! Much better!Aspen and Megan playing dress-up! These were my old dance outfits from when I was little!
Baby Cody

No comments: