The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, May 9, 2008

My Promotion!!

I got a promotion this week at work! It's exciting considering I have only been there for 7 months! I will be working in a different department within the same office at the University of Utah. I'm the Asst. Supervisor of Residency...and I am basically the only person in the department besides the director...so I will be working mostly on my own...which I'm excited about! I also got a raise...which is always a plus!!
Joey and I went to Tepanaki for dinner last night to celebrate! Auntie Stepho was so very gracious to watch the kids for us. It was our first time ever eating there...and I was a little hesitant because I've never had Japanese food before. But the food was amazing!! And the entertainment was great! They cook your dinner right in front of you...and throw in a few tricks. We even caught shrimp in our mouth that the chef flew at us! We had a little 2 year old boy sitting at our table and it made me wish that we had brought the kids...because I know they would have loved it. But I'm sure we'll be going there again...so maybe next time!

It made me happy that Joey was just as excited about my promotion as I was. He is such a great husband and I love him so much! Thank you Joey for being so great to me!

5 comments:

SheL said...

Congratulations! That is awesome =)

M. M. C. C. said...

I LOVE Tepanyaki. It's one of our favorite restaurants. we're going there monday for Mike's birthday. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Tara said...

I love your blog it is soo cute! Congrats to you on the promotion! Lindsey is having her baby soon and we hope to get together after that!

Melissa said...

Congrats! That is so exciting about your promotion. And also getting to go out without the kids! :) That doesn't happen very often in our house.
Oh, and by the way, tell Joey that his hair looks much better!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

congrats! I am so happy for you. You know that is just more money that Joey will find a way to spend on hunting gear. :)