The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's! I just wanted to take a minute and tell my Mom, Mother-in-law, and Step Mom how much I love and appreciate them! I probably don't say it often enough but I am so thankful to them for their great examples to me.

Mom you have done such a great job raising us three kids! You have taught me so much about how to be a great Mom. I'm so thankful for the times growing up that you took us to church. I now know how hard it is to get the kids ready and haul them to the church...it's not an easy task...but you did it and I am grateful! I also cherish the memories of us attempting Family Home Evenings...we loved going to the DQ and getting dilly bars on Monday nights! You are such a great Grandma to my kids and I'm thankful for that as well. I hate that you live so far away and that we don't get to see you as often as we'd like...but the kids love spending time with you when you are here. I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day...and I love you!

Darcy, what can I say... You have been so great to welcome me into your family! You have always been there for me, and I know that you are always on my side! I couldn't have asked for a better Mother to raise Joey...I'm sure it wasn't an easy task! You have raised 4 fantastic kids and there is something to say about that! I will forever be grateful for the times we got to know each other while Joey was in Iraq and for the help in planning our wedding! You have taught me so much about how to raise a good family...and most of all how to cook! You too are a great Grandma to our kids! They love going to Grandma's house and spending time with you and Yoda! I know I don't say it often enough but I do love and appreciate you! Thanks for being such a great Mother-in-law!

Kim, you are like my second Mom! You have taught me so much in the little time we have known each other. I am amazed at the accomplishments you have made while raising 6 kids on your own! I don't know how you did it, but it makes me feel like I can do it too! You are a great Mother and "Granny", and most of all a great friend! I love that I am able to ask you for advice on anything...especially when it comes to my own kids! I have loved getting to know you and your family and I'm grateful that you are now a part of mine! We love you and hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Now that I've gone and gotten all sappy...I need to go blow my nose! Happy Mother's Day to you all! XOXO!

1 comment:

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Happy mothers day to you! You are an awesome mom and a pretty cool sister. I cant wait to see you guys.