The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our first date

I was looking over a calendar I’d saved from last year when I realized that exactly a year ago today Jeremy and I went on our very first date! I remember feeling giddy and nervous as I waited for him to pick me up. I had taken my sister-in-law’s advice and bought myself a new outfit and I remember hoping my heels wouldn’t make me too tall (it was a blind date)! Luckily, he was still taller than me! We went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner…and I remember the whole time thinking I’d known him from somewhere… He was cute, well dressed, and easy to talk to. It was still light out when he dropped me back off at the house…I think I was home by 9! I then sat and analyzed the night…had I told him too much…had I told him too little? I remember feeling like I talked almost the whole time…and that I still didn’t know very much about him. I had a lot of fun and I wanted very much to get to know more about him!

The weeks that followed that first date are some of my very favorite memories…getting to know each other more…having deep conversations…meeting each others families…introducing him to the kids…

Those are the weeks I found the love of my life! The weeks the kids and I fell in love with Jeremy over and over again! Little did I know that about 6 months later from that very first date we’d be married for eternity!

And now here we are one year later…still getting to know each other…and still falling in love with each other every single day! I’m so blessed to have Jer in my life. He is my best friend…and I realize now why he seemed so familiar the first time I saw him. I know that we were friends before we came to this earth…it just took us 20-something years to find each other!

What about you guys? What did you do on your first dates with your main squeezes? I’d love to hear…

All the love in the universe~


2 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute! I don't remember a lot about the specifics of our first date mostly because I was terrified- it was my first date ever! We went to a school dance- I don't remember if it was Granger Prom or T-Ville Prom. It must have gone pretty well, because here we are today- married 8 years and ready to have baby #3!

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

Is the picture of him and the kids sharing a drink just for me?!? HAHAHAHA!! He's so wonderful! We are so happy for the two of you! I miss you and I am so excited to see you this summer!! I don't need to tell you our story, you know it!