The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Events vs. Moments

I was stalking reading some of my favorite blogs today.  And one of my favorite bloggers made such a great point in her post today I thought I would share...

 i'll tell you a little secret about how blogging became fun for me.  i stopped blogging "events"...but decided i would rather blog "moments".
it's like scrap booking.  i couldn't move forward unless i scrapped about christmas {or insert whatever holiday/event that is holding you back from moving forward}.  but, i was never in the mood to scrap christmas, so i just kept getting farther and farther behind.
same thing with my blog.
finally i decided "who cares if i post about christmas".
i don't need to post oodles and oodles of pictures of my kids under the christmas tree.  now i just post moments.  so, maybe that one present that milo really wanted?  maybe i post about that.
whatever.
it just makes blogging much more simpler.
and i'm good with that.

Oh this is sooooo true!!  I've been thinking about this a lot lately!  I get so stuck on blogging the "events" that I end up not blogging at all!  Why is it that the dreaded Christmas post is such a roadblock for me??  And her comparison to scrapbooking is spot on!!  So anyways, I'm going to try to post more often...and not get stuck on the "events".  This blog is mostly for myself...so i need to start blogging the "real stuff"...the moments!  are you up for that? sweet...me too!

Well it's now March...here's a few things we've been up to the last few weeks of February... (i know, i know i just said i wasn't going to post the "events"...but these would've been "moments" had i posted them a few weeks ago)!!

*My super sweet hubby gave me roses and gourmet chocolate covered strawberries for V-Day!  They were yummy...and i'm pretty sure I ate all of them!

*We took the kids to the Justin Bieber movie...which they both loved!  Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Purple has become Clayton's favorite color again...and Aspen swoons every time you say the boy's name!  I bought her a CD...except that I've been listening to it in my car for the last 2 weeks and can't get his songs out of my head!  Seriously all day long i'm hearing, "Baby, baby, baby, oh!"  or "for you i'd write a symphony..." and I can't make it stop!!

*Jeremy had hopefully his last interview/review of his teaching...we're patiently waiting and hoping he gets hired on full time as a seminary teacher within the next couple months!  So...you can pray for him if you'd like!  And maybe pray that he won't have to teach early morning...cause i'd sorta like to hang out with my husband at night...you see he wakes up at 4 am and go's to bed around 8 pm...even on friday nights...like tonight!  And that doesn't work well with my schedule when i want to hang out with him! =)

*We took a trip to the Urgent care a couple weeks ago...Clayton was goofing off and dancing when he smacked his ear on the kitchen table and sliced it open...it was yucky and we didn't know if he needed stitches so we took him in.  Aspen hadn't been feeling well that day and had a fever so we decided to take them both.  As I'm filling out the paper work, Aspen says her tummy hurt.  Jeremy asked her if she was going to throw up and she said yes...and then she did...luckily Jeremy was there to catch it in his hand :)  On our way there he said to me, "i've been waiting for a night like this!"  Everyone always tells stories about nights like these...and he was just waiting for it to be his turn...welcome to parenthood babe!  So anyways, they ended up checking Aspen and she had strep throat and then they glued Clayton's ear together...and so far it's healed up pretty well!  They both are doing much better!

It doesn't look very bad in the picture...but it was disgusting!  

Me and poor little Aspen...
and ya what mom doesn't grab her camera when they're on their way to the Urgent care?  Jeremy thought I was crazy when the Dr. left the room and I started snapping pics of our sick children. 

This picture is so funny!  Clayton said he needed a puke bucket like Aspen...and right when I took the picture he yawned...but it looks like he's about to throw up!  

I would love to show you all some more pictures but for the life of me i can't find my memory card reader thing tonight...so maybe tomorrow?  We're going to the cannery tomorrow morning...and i'm sewing about 15 skirts tomorrow afternoon for young women's...so maybe Sunday??

All the love in the universe~

4 comments:

The Holders said...

It is very rare to have a Dad who will catch their kids vomit! You are one of the few lucky ones! Poor kids...i love when you post because it's the only way I know what is going on with you guys now. It makes me sad. We need to get together more!!

Anonymous said...

Love your posts! It has been FOREVER since we've seen you, so it's nice to read about what you have been up to. I want to hear more about these 15 skirts, after going to the cannery! You are super-wife, mommy, and YW leader! I wish I had an ounce of your energy! It's 8:00 p.m., and I just got out of my jammies. :)

Loves,
Jenny

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

I really don't find you all that special but I did like your copy to the post you read on someone else's blog. I really need to update my blog but I still haven't done Thanksgiving and I'm kind of in that same mindset. Some maybe on Sunday when I can think all by myself and Mark is gone for a week I will get posting, not caught up, but posting. Rachel has grown since Halloween! :) I miss you!!

Melissa said...

I'm with Marcie- Chad would never have done that! I would have been cleaning it up off the floor! Glad they are doing better! Fingers crossed for Jeremy.