The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do I know you?

One thing I LOVE (insert sarcasm) about working on a college campus is running into people I went to high school with.  I was just on my lunch break over at the union (i forgot my lunch...again...) when someone comes up to me...that looks familiar...but I can't place him so I try to avoid... But then he stops and says, "hey, do I know you? you went to (insert name of high school)...Leslie right?"  while I continue to look dumb and say, "yeah, yeah your...."  and then he fills in with his name.  I feel so dumb and so bad during those moments when i can't remember their name!  I can't remember what I did yesterday!  And then the conversation continues...  "so... how are you? what have you been up to?"  and then I try to come up with something cool to say because it's been almost 10 years since i've seen this person...but I fail to think of anything cool.  It's hard to make being working mom sound glamorous!  He then asked me what i was studying, and i said i wasn't...i worked here...and then it makes me feel even cooler about myself for not having a college degree and then reminds me how much i don't love my job!  Not that I hate it...it's just a job. But it does pay the bills and I'm ever so grateful to have one these days!  Anyways, thought I'd share that with you as I eat my favorite potatoe soup that is served at the union only on thursdays...

Do you have any stories of running into people you haven't seen for a while?

P.S.  just incase this said person I ran into happens to come across this blog (i don't know how he would)...it was nice to see you again and I'm sorry if i seemed like i was awkwardly trying to avoid you!  It's not you...it's me! 

All the love~

No comments: