The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, January 14, 2011

2010 Re-Cap

Hello blogger, nice to see you again! It’s been a while!

Lately, whenever people ask me how I’ve been…my response is usually BUSY! Life has been busy! Busy at work, busy being a mom, busy being a wife, busy keeping up a house, busy fixing up and organizing that house, busy with church callings, busy editing pictures, busy with the holidays…and just about everything else! I like being busy…but I sometimes feel like I never have time to enjoy the moment…anyone else feel that way? The last half of 2010 seemed to go by soooo quickly! The holidays came and went by like none other! And now we are already half way into 2011! Craziness!

So I thought I’d do a small re-cap of 2010 for you and maybe eventually show you some pictures of us finishing out the year! So without further adieu…

Re-Cap of 2010: (not necessarily in order)

• Faced the challenges and reality of being a single parent

• Was hired for some photog gigs...first wedding, a couple funerals, some really awesome families with really cute kids, and also a few adorable babies.  See my website here: http://www.lesliemarshphotography.com/
• Went on my first blind date…which also happened to be my first date in like 9ish+ years!
• Ran my first 5k
• Got a d-i-v-o-r-c-e
• Vacationed in St. George






• Aspen turned 6 years old and started 1st grade!





• Clayton had surgery for his teeth

• I went to a Backstreet Boys Concert with friends!


• Celebrated 28 years of my life

• Got engaged!
• Planned a wedding/reception
• Became the 1st counselor in Young Women’s
• Received my endowments at the Mt. Timpanogas Temple
• Got married!
• Clayton turned 4 years old!

• Aspen lost her first tooth
• I got a promotion at work!
• Celebrated our first Christmas together as a new (but complicated) family!

So that’s just a few things we did last year! Pretty crazy year for us with lot’s of changes!! I have high hopes that 2011 will be a good year for our family…simple…not so crazy...pretty much fantastic!!


All the love in the universe~



No comments: