The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Adorn your habitations

Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations.
~Brigham Young

I love this quote!  And it's going to be my focus for all my resolutions/goals this year! 

Here's my list for 2011:
  • Exercise more- at least 3 x per week
  • Quit drinking soda
  • Read more good books- at least 1 per month
  • FHE 100%
  • Spend more time playing with the kids
  • Finish reading The Book of Mormon again 
  • Work on Personal Progress- receive my Young Womenhood recognition award
  • Simplify and organize every room in the house
  • Remodel bathroom
  • Food storage
  • Start a garden
  • Get out of debt
  • Go on a vacation

 I tried to keep the list somewhat simple this year...trying to focus on the important things.  Beautifying my home, family and self.  I want to be able to look back at the time i've spent doing things and be happy with the results...not feeling guilty about it. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

love that quote Les. And I don't know if I've mentioned this before but you exude happiness, hope, and contentment. So happy for you