The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, May 1, 2009

Things that make me happy...

#1 Tulips that finally decided to bloom after 5 years of living at our house! Every spring we get these plants that come up in our front yard...looking similar to tulips...but it's just the leaves never any flowers. I usually just end up pulling them out because they start looking pretty ugly. Well, not this year...after five years and really no work done at all I finally have actual tulips!! Aren't they pretty...they totally make me happy!!

I'm sure my next door neighbors thought I was totally insane when they walked passed yelling, 'hi neighbor' with me crouched down with my rear in the air taking pics of my flower bed!! Awesome!
#2 Thrift store finds!! I got this super cute door mat at my favorite thrift store...brand new with tags...$4
#3 Mother of the Year Moments!! It seems like I've been having lots of these lately!! Like when my 4 year old comes in to my room, wakes me up and asks if she can eat a solid fudge easter egg for breakfast...and I say yes just so I can go back to sleep! That should qualify me for Mother of the Year...don't ya think?!

I saw something really cool on someone's blog...She takes one picture everyday of something that makes her happy! I thought it was a fun idea...so i'm gonna give it a go! I might not do it every day but I thought it might help me blog more often..we'll see!

2 comments:

Jenni M. said...

I am loving your "Mother of the Year" moment....

Melissa said...

I like the idea of taking a pic everyday of something that makes me happy. I'm going to try it too if that's okay. John said you got a new camera like mine- enjoy!