The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day

I've been treated pretty well on Mother's Day even before I officially became a Mom! I remember my first Mother's Day pretty well! I was about 9 months pregnant and Joey was out of town. I wasn't expecting anything at all 1. because i wasn't technically a 'Mom' yet; and 2. because Joey was busy working in another state. But to my surprise I came home to the most beautiful bouquet of flowers sitting on my kitchen table...I still don't know if I ever figured out who snuck into the house while I was at work?? And I guess I need to also thank George (Joey's co-worker) for telling Joey that he needed to do something!! Anyways, Joey always has a way of making me feel special even if I don't always deserve it and this year was no exception...on Saturday Joey took me out to Inkley's to pick out a new 'toy' that I've been eyeing for some time now. He told me I needed to have an expensive hobby too so that he didn't always get into trouble every time he wanted to buy a new gun...or bow...or other hunting accessory! Say hello to my new Digital SLR...I think I need to name her...Well, I've been in love with photography for as long as I can remember! I've always been an avid scrapbooker, but over the years I've figured out it was the photos that I loved and not the rest of the junk (okay so i still love all the other junk too!). I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to decide to actually learn more about photography...but I guess you are never too old to learn something new! So I've got my new 'toy' and i can't wait to learn everything I can about it! And I'm mostly excited to have a new hobby that I Love!

My family is starting to get annoyed with my snappy fingers...so if any of you out there wants to give up your kids or your family for some free practice shots...just let me know!! Just don't expect crazy fabulous photos yet because I'm still learning and I'm also waiting to get a better Photo shop! But...they will be free!

I had a really nice Mother's Day this year... I was able to take the kids to church and felt so proud to be a Momma while I listened to my little girl sing in Sacrament. I was showered with cute primary/nursery gifts and a pretty flower! Although church is sometimes frustrating with the kids and the chaos, I'm happy when I'm able to go and feel of the Spirit. I'm so blessed to have such beautiful kids and such a loving husband! I'm thankful for the knowledge of the Gospel and the plan our Father has in store for me. I can't think of a more fulfilling job than being a Mom...I sometimes don't feel i deserve it and I know i take it for granted far too often! I'm also so grateful for my Mom, Mother-in-law and step-Mom! I love you all and learn so much from your examples! We spent the rest of the afternoon with Joey's family and then with my family. Here are some pics from our day!

Hope all you M0mma's had a fantastic day!

3 comments:

Jenni M. said...

I'll volunteer my kids! They are little monsters but I love having more snapshots of them!

SheL said...

I am SO excited for you! (and a little jealous=) That is an awesome gift! Next time we are in Salt Lake I will definitely have you take some pictures. Or you could always come to beautiful Key West and take pictures on the beach =)
I am glad you had such a great day. I have to say I LOVE the picture of Aspen hovering over the trampoline!

The Holders said...

I am so jealous. I want a camera like that. We need to set up a weekend to go camping!!!