The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Little updates...

There is really not much to post, but since it's been about a week I thought I'd update you all on what we have been doing...
~Aspen has been sick since last Thursday. She has had a fever on and off between 101-103, but with nothing other than your usual cold symptoms. I finally had it and took her in to see the Dr. yesterday. They said everything looked fine and that it was probably just influenza. I sometimes feel like that is their cop out when they can't figure out what they have. But who knows...I'm just a worried Mom! They said if she's not better in 8 days then to take her back in...so we have until the end of this week. We just feel so bad for her because she has no energy to play and she has to take yucky tasting medicine every 4-6 hours to lower her fever. That is the other thing that gets me...how is it okay to give a 3 year old Motrin/Tylenol every 4-6 hours for 8 days straight??? Anyways, hopefully she will be back to her happy self soon! She is so excited for her learn-to-skate classes this weekend, especially now that her friend Zoe is going to take them with her!
~Clayton luckily has not gotten sick...yet! He has been running around keeping us all busy! He is starting to babble LOT'S more and loves to pretend that he is talking on the phone (he must get that from Joey)! He will go in later this month for his 18 month check up...so we'll update you more on that later!

~Joey has been busy working...he is finally off overtime!! He was so excited that he spent a whole day working at the shop yesterday, instead of up at the University of Utah's Marriott Library. He is also getting ready for the bow hunt (a little early I know)...and so it begins!! He worked on his motorcycle and after a little welding and help from Jason he says it's ready to ride. Now we just have to wait for the weather to get better so we can take it out and play!

~As for me, not a whole lot going on. I'm just excited that it is getting warmer...I'm so ready for spring/summer! I just finished reading Dragonfly in Amber the 2nd book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It was very good and can't wait to start on the 3rd, but I need start Wuthering Heights for our book club this month before I do! Joey pretty much hates me when I'm reading because I tend to forget about everything else, but I'm trying to do better! I need to do our taxes, go to the gym, do a major spring cleaning, and finish doing all the necessary things for school. I'm trying to be excited about going back to school in the fall...but it's hard to get motivated when you've been out of the loop for so long!!




So long for now!!


No comments: