The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice Skating

We took the kids ice skating this weekend! Both the kids had lots of fun and both skated really well! We were impressed with how much Aspen remembered from her skating lessons! She was much more comfortable skating on her own this time! She even started touching her toes and falling on purpose so that she could show us she could get up on her own (both of which she struggled with during her lessons)! I don't know what changed?? On her last lesson she left the ice crying. But now she wants to take lessons again, so of course we signed her up! She'll start next Saturday morning!! She did say that she needed to get a new "short" skating skirt like the other girls before she could take lessons!!

Clayton also did Awesome!! He is much more daring than Aspen was when she first started! I think this was only his 2nd time ever skating and he was already standing on his own and trying to skate/walk on the ice! We were so proud of both of them!!

6 comments:

Ciara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ciara said...

Thanks for the invite, love the background ;) I'm with you I can't believe Joey shaved OFF Clayton's hair, it's cold!
Dinner was really fun we will need to do that again, soon.
I enjoyed your 101 in 1001 how many have you actually achieved?

The Holders said...

Cute pictures! The picture of Joey and Aspen in the top set is so cute. I bet you love having your new camera.

Ashley said...

What fun! I can't wait to do some of these things with Tyler. You are a gorgeous fam! Sorry about Clayton's hair, I would have reacted the exact same way.

SheL said...

So cute! I wish Logan could do fun stuff like that!

3 Men & a Lady said...

How fun! I love ice skating! And I have to say that our husbands are 2 of a kind with the whole shaving the head thing! I'm just waiting for the day when I came home to Broox's bald head. He is so dang cute... with or without hair!