The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008

Our Christmas was really nice! We all got pretty spoiled! We spent Christmas Eve at home as a family. The kids got to open up one present early...which was "surprisingly" new jammies!! We read a few favorite Christmas stories and it was off to bed for the kiddies!! At about 10:30 pm Aspen woke up and came out to the living room to find Daddy eating Santa's cookies and drinking his "pink" milk!!! She was SOOO pissed!! If looks could kill...well... Joey wouldn't be here today!! She just looked at him and said, "Those are for Santa!" in the most serious voice ever! He got caught red handed! I explained to her that Daddy got really hungry and needed a snack...and that we would put out more "pink" milk and cookies for Santa! It was hilarious!!

Santa came and visited us later that night...leaving a note for the kids thanking them for the milk and cookies!! And also to look in the kitchen for another present!

Santa brought the kids a fish tank!







He even left magic foot prints from the chimney... around the coffee table...to the tree...and back up the chimney! The kids were pretty surprised to see all the presents he'd left for them! Christmas is so much fun for the kids and it's so fun to see the joy that it brings them!
This is one of Joey's gifts...he also got a new9mm hand gun (which he opened early)!

After opening our presents we went over to the Holder's house for breakfast! Here's Kylee, Travis and Aspen...I didn't take very many pictures!
Then it was off to my Dad's house to open presents and then over to Joey's parents house to open presents and eat yummy Prime Rib dinner! It was a lot of running around but we like being able to spend time with everyone!!


3 comments:

The Holders said...

Travis looks so creepy in that picture! I love the feet prints what a cute idea. Travis really wants to get Kylee some fish but I don't know if I want to clean the tank. I guess there are some things that are worth it. I bet your kids love it!

Katie said...

I love the footprints idea. What a fun Christmas. I can't believe Joey would eat Santa's cookies! Oh yeah, I think we have that same Marine Corps frame but the smaller (2 picture) version. How funny.

SheL said...

Cute Christmas pictures! I like the fish tank. I can't wait til Logan gets excited for Christmas!