The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sick Days!

Let me paint you a picture of what it's been like at our house the last two days...Tuesday I picked Clayton and Aspen up from daycare a little earlier than usual. Clayton wasn't feeling very well and had thrown up earlier that day. As I pulled Clayton out of his car seat I got a nice surprise when he threw up all over me and all over the garage floor. I hurried and carried him upstairs to the kitchen where he threw up again. After a bath and some cleaning up of the both of us, he seemed to be feeling a little better. I was debating whether or not I was going to call in sick on Wednesday when Aspen told me she had the hiccups and that she felt sick too. I kind of thought she was faking it to get the attention that Clayton was getting...until she threw up on the kitchen floor as well. Later that night Joey and I were watching TV while Aspen was laying in her "sleeping bag" on the floor next to a large bowl. She sat up and said her belly hurt...then she leaned into the bowl and started making the funniest noises too hard to explain in writing! She had her head completely buried inside the bowl while making these vomiting noises. It's sad but I wish I could have recorded her! After throwing up she just said..."That was disgusting!!" A little while later she gets up and says, "Mom I need to go potty." I didn't think much of it until I heard her freaking out. I walked into the bathroom to see my sweet little girl with her pants around her ankles and vomit all over the floor and all over the front of the toilet. She didn't quite get there in time. I felt so bad for her! Needless to say, I stayed home on Wednesday and it was a day of rest (and without vomit)! We all took naps and played together! It must have been one of those 24 hour yucky bugs...but it's over thank goodness!

1 comment:

The Holders said...

The joys of being a mother. I am sure Joey helped you clean it up too huh!? I know Travis wouldn't have! I am glad everyone is feeling better and i am glad Kylee wasn't around your kids those days. I am sure my day is coming.