The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 11, 2008

All about us!

Okay, so here is everything you wanted to know about Joey and I. I didn't realize until today that I had also been tagged by Marcie a while ago, sorry! Anyways here you go...

How long have you been married? It will be 5 years in July.
How long did you date? 2 1/2 years
How old are you? Joey turned 25 in January, and will turn 25 in July.
Who eats more? Ummm, I do...I love food! I think Joey lost his appetite when he went to boot camp.
Who said I love you first? Joey said it first, but I think I knew I loved him first. I was afraid to say anything because he told me it was something he didn't say very often...even to his family. Once he told me though, he has never stopped and I love him for that!
Who can sing better? Probably Joey...I'm pretty musically challanged!
Who is smarter? I'd like to say that I am when it comes to our kids. But when it comes to everything else Joey is much smarter . His favorite thing to say to me when I have a blonde moment is "It's a good thing your pretty!"
Whose temper is worse? I'm not sure...I think I get upset more often than Joey though.
Who does the laundry? I hate laundry!!! But I'm usually the one to do it... although Joey is capable of doing his own when he runs out of the neccessities!
Who does the dishes? Lately, Joey has been. But we usually both do.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? It depends on how our room is arranged. I make Joey sleep on the side closest to the door...that way if there's an intruder they'll get to Joey first. I know it sounds silly but it's true. So right now Joey is on the right side! He's so good to me!
Who pays the bills? We both make the $$...but I pay the bills and balance the checkbook.
Who mows the lawn? Up until last summer Joey did...because I didn't know how! I finally got brave and did it while he was out of town. It's actually not so bad!
Who cooks dinner? Usually I do...but Joey's pretty good in the kitchen when he wants to be. We just got a smoker...so this has been his new hobby to smoke salmon, deer meat, ham...pretty much everything!
Who drives when you are together? Joey always does...unless he wants to make me mad. I hate to drive...and we both know that I'm not very good at it!
Who is more stubborn? Definitely Joey!!!! I will always give in...and he never will! So you learn to pick your battles!
Who kissed who first? I think it was mutual. Joey was a gentleman and it took him a few dates to get the nerve. He even had New Years as an excuse on the 2nd date!
Who asked who out first? Now that's a funny story! It's a long one so I'll just say that better late than never...Joey finally did!
Who proposed? Joey did about two weeks after he got home from Iraq. I was working at Old Navy at the time and he came in with a bouquet of flowers and totally surprised me! The only downfall was that he did it at the beginning of an 8 hour shift...and I couldn't leave!
Who has more friends? Joey has more friends between school, work and the Marines, but they are all my friends too. I have a small circle of friends that I still stay in touch with but it's tough once you have kids and live farther away.
Who has more siblings? Joey does... he has two younger twin sisters and an older brother. I have a younger sister and an older brother.
Who wears the pants in the family? I think I speak for most women when I say that my husband wears the pants, but I tell him which ones to wear!

3 comments:

M. M. C. C. said...

so fun. I forgot all about when you started dating. it's crazy to look back at it now.

also, did you know you can receive emails when you get comments? if you didn't know, and would like to know how, let me know. : )

Anonymous said...

looks like your job is pretty easy if you have enough time to fill this out!! your a dork!!! when are we all gonna hang out again? ttyl love ya mo

The Holders said...

i was suprised by some of your answers. I didn't know all of that stuff about you guys. Just Joking..i may have been able to fill it out for you. Just like you probably could for me.