The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random bits of info...

So February has been pretty uneventful so far...but i thought I'd share a few things we've been up to...

The Good Report

• Went to the temple with the young women in our ward last weekend and got to talk with the Matron of the Temple…which was kind of cool!

• Took the hubby with me to the fabric store…got some supplies…and made a couple of skirts…easy peasy! (another post to come)

• Watched these movies: Julie & Julia (loved this one!), The Last Song, HS Musical, RED, An Educator, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, 5 Children & It…obviously we’re addicted to Netflix and Redbox and staying up late…well that last one is just me and Clayton! The kid hates to be sleeping if there’s someone awake!

• Went to an un-official Super Bowl party at the in-laws…ate lot’s of yummy food…and loved this commercial!! Hahaha…so funny! It makes me want to lick the kid’s fingers after they eat cheetos or something…but not really! Ew!

• I laughed so hard I cried when I read these the other night...Jimmer's older sister happens to be in our ward and in young women's and my visiting teaching partner...wonder what she thinks about all this??

• Spent a whole day with just Clayton:  We ate some food, went shopping, rode on some rides...it was lots of fun!  He enjoyed telling everyone he was on a date with Mom...wish he would stay little forever! 
(taken on my phone)

• Finally made the trip to the social security office and the DMV to change my name

• Did some shopping with the little guy…bought 2 pairs of F21 jeans…seriously cute jeans for $10.50…what’s not to love?

• Here's some random things i've been loving on lately:  Mindy Gledhill, Joy Williams, Creating Better Habits, The Daybook, StephModo, Pacing the Panic Room, VandCo.

The Not-So Good Report

• On my way home from the DMV I realized they misspelled my middle name...apparently after all the verification they ask for they decided my middle name should be Iane instead of Diane! Awesome! Hopefully the customer service lady got it changed and it comes in the mail correctly!

• We’ve all been hit by some sort of sickness this last week...hopefully we all get better soon! I’m breaking out the Lysol tonight!

• Also, how do you guys get your little ones to clean their rooms? We had a major fight with Aspen this past weekend. I have over the last few months tried and tried and tried to explain to her over and over again that it's a privilege to have as many toys as she has...and with that privilege comes responsibility to take care of them and keep them picked up...and if she chooses not to then they'll get taken away. So she'd get a few toys taken away here and there after nagging for hours to clean her room...but I finally got fed up with it...because she didn't seem to care...so I bagged up EVERY single toy in her room last weekend. So now all that's left is her bed, her clothes, and her desk. And now she has to earn her toys back one by one. Am I totally the meanest mom?? I feel like it...but honestly I don't think she misses the mess in her room or all of the toys...I know I don't! Maybe it's my own fault for spoiling her so much...and it was too much for her to handle?? The thing that gets me is that Clayton can do it...why can't she? I plan to do a major purge this weekend...and hopefully it will eliminate the problem of it being "too hard" for her to clean up. When did my sweet little girl turn into such a drama queen?!!

Well that's it for now...have a good rest of the week and I’ll catch up with you later!

All the love in the universe~

3 comments:

Lanae said...

I read some really good stuff about kids and cleaning in a really good book. It even has some great FHE ideas for teaching it to kids. It's called 'The Potentially Sane Mother's Guide to Raising Young Children,' Totally worth looking up at the library!

Anonymous said...

If it means going to the mall for a shopping spree, you should let Jeremy do your laundry more often! ;)

Hope you all feel better soon!

Loves,
Jenny

Mark and Amber Kincher said...

LOL! I miss you! I am going to call you Iane from now on, you gotta love the DMV!! I miss the kiddos a ton, even if they have no toys, I'll still come play with them.