The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January's Good Report:

So I had planned at the beginning of the year to do at least a weekly update on things we had done/accomplished during the week...  I also planned to call it "the good report".  Well it didn't happen at all this month.  I don't really know why...other than I forgot to do it every sunday...and when Monday rolled around I felt like it was too late.  So instead of just missing out on documenting the month of January...I thought I'd just do one big post today...and then I'll work really hard to remember to do them weekly from here on out!  So here's the good report of the interesting (or not so interesting to you) things we did this month: 
  1. I had 2 days off for New Years...too bad i don't remember what we did on either day! 
  2. We celebrated the births of my sisters Melissa (25) and Shalom (20) , and also my dad (51)! 
  3. Went to a dinner for Jeremy's work with all the Seminary student teachers...had really yummy food (cafe rio) and had a really great lesson on "raising your sights".  I left feeling inspired to be a better teacher/leader and help the young women in my ward understand that temple marriages and missions are not really that far away.  I remember being that age and thinking that it was though...which is where the need to raise their sights comes in.  I love going to these classes...they mainly focus on teaching seminary...but I can always apply them to being a better parent and young women's leader
  4. Woke up at 4 am so that we could go to the "pretty temple" early.  
  5. Updated my photography blog
  6. Went on a hot date and saw The Green Hornet...which I though was really funny!
  7. Finally finished taking down my Christmas decor
  8. Cleaned up the basement and sort of turned it into a play/tv room for the kids
  9. Kiddo's had sleepovers at gma and gpa Marsh's and Aunti Mo-Mo and Uncle Poot's
  10. Had another day off for Martin Luther King day...in which I spent the day taking pictures of these cute kids
  11. Aspen lost her 2nd tooth...and looks really adorable!
  12. Curlers + missing teeth = cutest little girl ever!! 
  13. Spent a whole saturday making up, practicing, and putting on a roadshow (more pictures to come).  Despite how much i wasn't looking forward to it...it was actually really fun and a great time to spend with the youth in our ward.  
  14. We spent an evening with a General Authority last friday night at the Tabernacle...it was for Jeremy's job teaching seminary...we were fortunate enough to hear from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  I have a thing for prophets and apostles...I just think they are sooo cute...especially when they talk about their wives!  If you have never listened to this talk...it's one of my favorites...and you should! 
  15. I bought Valentine's stuff for the kids...and for them to take to their friends
  16. I officially stopped drinking soda this month...which I thought would be harder to kick...but hasn't been too bad!
  17. I worked on my PP and set goals to complete a few projects...I also have a really cool idea for one of my 10 hour projects that i'll share with you guys later...cause I'm gonna need some of your help!
  18. Read this fantastic book called Mary, Martha, and Me...and was humbled to realize I need to be more like Mary and choose the better part. 
That's all I can think of now...hope you guys had a wonderful January...and here's hoping February will be just as great...and maybe warmer too!   

All the love in the universe~

No comments: