The reason I blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and
keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny.
Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly
beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experience."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, March 6, 2009

Update...yada,yada,yada!

So it's been a while (again) since I've updated anything! February was a very busy and sorta crappy month for us! I just haven't really been in the mood for blogging lately! But here is an update on some things we've been up to...

Aspen completed her fist level ice skating class! We are so proud of her! We signed her up for the next session and also for the Spring Ice Show! She's really excited about it! Practices start on March 18th and the show is in April (I forget the date?). But I'm sure I'll post more about that later! We are supposed to pre-register for Kindergarten this month!!! And I have no idea what we are going to do! Do I bus her to Oquirrh Hills or have her go to the elementary that is in her Day Care's boundaries. I'm freaking out! Joey and I both work full time...and I work clear up at the U. So I have no idea what we are gonna do about the whole 1/2 day thing...do I choose AM or PM...who's gonna pick her up...should I work just part time...should i stay at home??? So many things to figure out! Can't she just stay little? Who needs school? I'm trying to stay positive...but does anyone have any suggestions?


Our little Clayton is so much fun these days! He's starting to potty train...which has been fun...and interesting! He's been doing pretty well...but still has a ways to go! He will not use a little potty...which i actually don't mind! He wants to sit on the big potty...and he loves wearing his big boy undies (or panties...i got so used to saying it with Aspen, it's hard to break the habit!)!! He is talking so much now...and you can usually understand what he's saying! He absolutely loves motorcycles, trains, trucks, spider man, batman, and McQueen! He's getting so big...it's exciting but a little sad too cause he's no longer my baby!

Joey got a second job at Acord Ice Center...not sure if I've already mentioned that? But he got hired as a supervisor and will start working once a week. The nice thing is that we no longer have to pay for Aspen to take skating lessons, and both the kids think it's pretty cool that Dad now drives a Zamboni! Joey's excited because he'll get to play hockey more often...which could be a good or a bad thing I guess! He just finished up a semester of school, and he also is playing roller hockey again.

Speaking of roller hockey...I finally went to one of his games a two weeks ago and as luck would have it...someone decided it would be a good idea to steal our Honda! That was AWESOME...
especially since we just paid loads of $ to get it fixed! I still can't figure out who would steal a car with two car seats in the back...ooh and a tape player!! While Joey was in looking at the security tapes with the police (which didn't show anything by the way!) Aspen asks me, "Mom what are we going to do?" So I say back to her, "Well, maybe we should say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help us" she replies back to me, "why? Jesus isn't here...he's in heaven!" So I tell her, "Well, Jesus is always here for us and if we need help with something, all we have to do is ask." So she says okay and we said a prayer. The next day my Dad watched the kids and this is what she told her Grampa..."Someone stole our car, but it's okay cause Jesus' trying to find it with his special powers!" She's so cute!

Well they did end up finding our car a few days later in Bountiful...and they stole the two car seats, my $200 double stroller, and yep...they tried to pull out the tape player/radio!! And they left a duffel bag with the tools they used to break into the car...they also took the license plates off and replaced them with Low Book Sales covers!! That was so nice of them! Thank goodness we had full coverage...and hopefully we'll be able to get everything back/fixed!

So I've been in a pretty grumpy mood lately to say the least! But I'm hoping to put February behind us...and hoping that March will be better! A few things I'm looking forward to are: going to Ephraim and seeing some of my old Badgerette friends and advisor, Kathleen! The new Blue October album comes out this month...and even better their concert on the 31st at The Depot!! Sooo excited for that!! And more importantly...moments like these...

Just chillin' with Dad!

Also, I came across this blog called "The Meanest Mom" and it seriously made me laugh so hard...something that was much needed! I sat up reading so many of her posts...and was just laughing to myself!! All you Mom's need to check it out...it's hilarious! Look at the Reader's Favorites...just make sure you go to the bathroom first!!


Sorry...that was kind of a long one!

4 comments:

Katie said...

We had our car stolen when we lived in Mesa. I personally wasn't too upset cuz it was paid off and I didn't like it. But most of Jordan's rock climbing stuff was taken out of the trunk. That was SO lame. They tore all kinds of stuff out of it, and we had to get a new car, with new payments. That was not fun. So sorry to hear you lost your double stroller and car seats. That stinks! Hey, we will probably be up there around the 4th of July. It would be fun to see you guys.

Lanae said...

Glad you got your car back! Honestly, who does that? I always thought that my car was pretty safe because of the whole tape player - carseat thing, but I guess anything is fair game...

Jason and Lis Day said...

Don't you love her blog! She is hilarious!!!

Ashley said...

Les so sorry about the car! Those type of "what the heck?" unexpected bumps in the road are hard to stay positive through. Good luck getting it all fixed/squared away.
Also, Aspen's darling comment is so priceless.